ADVERTISEMENT

WSU vs Eastern Game Thread

OK
Good on Eastern to make a it a game.
Better on WSU for making a key response with a long TD drive.
Defense is rested and pressure in on the EWU offense.

3 score lead in the third.

Again, getting absolutely no pressure on the QB, and poor D against the run.

aaaaand, I'm pissed again.

WTF, I thought the secondary was the strength? Are we subbing on D?

Is Clayes going to do an Aliotti and call out EWU for not knowing when to quit?

JAHAD WOODS DOES IT AGAIN! Man that was pretty. If he gets drafted in a couple years that'll be his lead highlight

what I'm not understanding is how the D suddenly stopped knowing how to tackle.

Is the Eastern OL holding just a tiny bit, affecting the D's ability to get to the ball? They seem to be behind the play since the middle of the 2nd quarter.

These kids also might be second guessing - let them play and make plays. We are bigger, better, faster than EWU, GET SOME!

Reactions: acgcoug
still concerned with the O's inability to finish off lesser opponents.

Short field, momentum swing... only 3 pts. Not acceptable.

The defense has forced 3 turnovers but obviously some poor lapses too, but overall they are doing some things really well.

Remember eastern averages 600 yards of offense so they are going to move the ball. We just have to keep moving it too and not let them get big plays.

Eastern is a headache offensively, we’ve shown we can stonewall them we just have to keep doing it while they are relentless

Reactions: Cougzz
Good points above. All considering, Gubrud is only 12-30 passing with 3 interceptions. The issue is giving up too many big plays : 44, 42, 34, 26....

Reactions: Cougatron
The defense has forced 3 turnovers but obviously some poor lapses too, but overall they are doing some things really well.

Remember eastern averages 600 yards of offense so they are going to move the ball. We just have to keep moving it too and not let them get big plays.

Eastern is a headache offensively, we’ve shown we can stonewall them we just have to keep doing it while they are relentless
True but EWU was going up against CWU and NAU. EWU is good but it's still concerning the way they have been able to move the ball in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Gutsy throw...beautiful adjustment by Martin. He's having a huge day: 13 catches 149 yds, 1 TD

45-24 Cougs

Martin and Patmon are becoming what we hoped they would. We'll need to see it against teams like SC, but if they can manage that, we're going to be hard to beat.

I'm really not pleased with our DL against the run tonight. Way too many gashing runs for 6-8 yards. Against a team like Eastern and that has me worried a bit.

A good win.
Eastern has a solid QB and a good offense.
They were the best team so far.

USC on the road will be tough but looking forward to it.

Nice seeing the backups put a drive together and get a TD....good stuff!

TD Robert Lewis. First TD pass for Tinsley.

59-24

Tinsley looked sharp. GM is clearly the best option at QB, but I think Tinsley can run this offense if need be. That is nice to know.

3-0.

Reactions: acgcoug
I thought Leaf did a good job. Not real polished, but I liked that too.

I like that Leaf, being a former QB, knows defensive coverages and talks intelligently about what's going on in the secondary. He brings a lot of knowledge to the table. I think it's hilarious that at times, he does sound like Ron Burgundy doing football. I liked that he was willing to be critical of WSU maybe getting away with a few calls.

I didn't like that he kind of started harping on us getting away with a few calls. As mentioned above, he needs more experience in the booth before he'll be "good" at what he is doing but I can see him making a living doing this.

I like that Leaf, being a former QB, knows defensive coverages and talks intelligently about what's going on in the secondary. He brings a lot of knowledge to the table. I think it's hilarious that at times, he does sound like Ron Burgundy doing football. I liked that he was willing to be critical of WSU maybe getting away with a few calls.

I didn't like that he kind of started harping on us getting away with a few calls. As mentioned above, he needs more experience in the booth before he'll be "good" at what he is doing but I can see him making a living doing this.
The guy who really does a great job as an analyst, IMO, is Alex Brink. The more I hear him, the more impressed I am. He's very smooth in delivery and knows his stuff. Doesn't try to overwhelm with football jargon, so he's good for the casual listener, too. Also impressed with Chaz as the PBP guy.

No hillbilly talk in the radio booth anymore. Sounds very professional.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT