ADVERTISEMENT

Official game thread. Cougs vs Bruins

I counted 14 points on special teams mess ups and 21 from short fields due to turnovers. Ironically the D finally made what would have been the game winning stop but for the one last fumble that lead to the game winning TD
We were incredibly generous tonight. A new low for PAC 12 after dark.

I just hope that the offense doesn't press too much the rest of the way and go in the tank right along with the D. That would be too much to watch. I can stomach watching a team that scores a lot and may or may not win, but a regression back to the struggle bus on both sides of the ball I can't watch

I know it is cliche at this point to blame the blizzard against UW. But it is hard to not watch Minshew in the NFL and not think in different weather conditions in that game last year was Leach's championship type season. Huskies will scoff at that and let them, but like I say just watch Minshew against NFL types and you can not think he would have found a way to win that game if he could have had more than 10 yards of visibility.

Or Leach, for once, does not treat the Apple Cup as just another game. Sometime Leach is just too smart for his own good. Imagine the 2018 Apple Cup with unexpected wrinkles in the Air Raid? We beat the #5 Huskies once, with a 2 win team, because they didn't expect and could not adjust to the a between the tackles running attack, from an outside the tackle run offense. But I do agree that had the conditions been good for the 2018 AC, Minshew would have found a way to win, despite Leach, not because of him. Some time you have to adjust.

Price had 2 titles, not 4.

2 Big Sky championships, 2 Pac-10 championships, my friend. In the world of being the best within the conference you play, Price has 4, Leach 0. If you only consider power 5. Price has 2 in 13 years, Leach has 0 in 20, the same point applies.

I counted 14 points on special teams mess ups and 21 from short fields due to turnovers. Ironically the D finally made what would have been the game winning stop but for the one last fumble that lead to the game winning TD
Exactly. I think we knew this game was going to be really close and a complete gut check....but there's 21 extra points minus one ST collapse and one turnover for short yardage. That's "collapse" enough. This was a complete giveaway. Gotta give UCLA credit for executing on all 3 sides of the ball in the second half.

Reactions: NMBRCRNCHR
2 Big Sky championships, 2 Pac-10 championships, my friend. In the world of being the best within the conference you play, Price has 4, Leach 0. If you only consider power 5. Price has 2 in 13 years, Leach has 0 in 20, the same point applies.

What is your point with this Price stuff that he is a better coach ? Maybe he was at times but clearly not over a 20 + years period. Forget WSU which you are familiar , Price was still relatively young when he landed at UTEP. UTEP was in extremely winnable conferences if you had a superior coach. Price had a couple of .500 sh seasons there and then went steadily down hill . Leach could go there and I guarantee you he would be winning that conference regularly within 3 to 4 years.

I am convinced more from last night Leach will never overcome the talent difference to totally win this conference. He was clearly closer in talent at Tech to the overall conference the exception of OU and Texas. In this conference WSU is the lessor talented team every week with the exception of Ore. St.. You have to be completely blind or ignorant not to see UCLA had a more talented team in virtually every position. That is the disheartening part if you want to find one, with all of their years of being down, UCLA just from the fact they are in LA they can still attractive studs.

Exactly. I think we knew this game was going to be really close and a complete gut check....but there's 21 extra points minus one ST collapse and one turnover for short yardage. That's "collapse" enough. This was a complete giveaway. Gotta give UCLA credit for executing on all 3 sides of the ball in the second half.
Chip’s kids were clearly mentally tougher—0-3 record, down by 5 scores at the #19 team’s stadium, and they turned their attention 100% towards taking the ball away and did it easily. Our kids got smacked upside the head and basically folded up their tent. Fumbles, sacks, dropped balls, no defense,and so on.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT